Spring Paid Intern - TBX Shoot Production
Part Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
TBX shoot production manages the production of original photography for all Turner brands including CNN, TNT, TBS, TruTV and Cartoon Network as well as photography in support of corporate communications. Our shoots range from corporate headshots to large-scale gallery shoots in support of TNT and TBS programming.
What will you be doing?
Some of the duties and learning experiences you'll have with this team will be:
- Assisting producers with shoots in our photo studio by acting as a set production assistant. Various duties will include shopping for craft service, props and wardrobe as needed, as well as helping to create shoot schedules, estimates and call sheets.
- Learning the aspects of being a shoot producer, from the beginning logistics of a new shoot request to the implementation of the shoot itself.
- Learn and assist with production administrative work, which includes creation of the shoot ID, photographer contracts, model releases, certificates of insurance and invoicing.
- Opportunity to read scripts and gain an understanding of how still photography supports the efforts of PR and Marketing
- Observing and assisting during the complete photo process which starts with shoot planning, the shoot itself and through post-production
- Keep 5,000 sq. ft. studio organized and maintain extensive photography equipment inventory.
- Assist staff photographers on assignments which may include studio portraiture, on-set photography, still life, and live event photography.
- Work with in-house digital technicians using the latest capture software.
What do we require from you?
Preferred candidates would be:
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or grad student in college
- Have a strong interest or passion in photography and entertainment
- Have proficient computer skills in basic Mac and PC software
- Possess great communication and organization skills
- Be comfortable working in a team and alone
- Photography background and proficiency in digital photo software a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out on our website.
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.