Spring Paid Intern - Public Relations
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
• The PR team works to generate press for CNN Worldwide.
What will you be doing?
• The CNN PR intern candidate will need to have a healthy interest in the news, an adaptability to adjust to its fast-paced cycle, and familiarity with CNN's networks, including HLN, and platforms.
• The Atlanta PR intern will be asked to perform the following duties: compiling and confirming media lists, building results reports, updating talent and executive bios, drafting press releases, following social media conversations that affect CNN and HLN, and possibly working photoshoots/events.
What do we require from you?
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• They should also have an understanding of the professional environment they're working in, including attendance, appearance, punctuality, deadlines and strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills including the Microsoft office suite, internet and online research skills are important for success in the position.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.