Spring Paid Intern - Bureau
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
CNN's Atlanta Bureau: We are news gatherers who are tasked with finding unique content for our various CNN platforms throughout the Southeast. *Respond to and cover breaking news for all CNN Networks and platforms 24/7.*Research, pitch and write original stories for CNN.
What will you be doing?
• Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
• Curate social media, develop regional contacts while making calls on breaking news throughout the region.
• Support field teams with inhouse production.
• Field producing opportunities
• Travel assignments for large breaking news events is possible. (note: you could spend long periods of time in the elements - i.e. extreme heat/cold, rain, etc).
• Occasionally write digital wire stories.
• You will have a front row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
What do we need from you?
• Social media savvy.
• Professional phone manner.
• Strong code of ethics.
• Positive attitude.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong desire to work in the field and learn journalism from some of the best in the business.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th.
• Interns are paid a competitive wage, based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6-months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
• Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
• Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.