Pm Writer, News, Economy & Investment Explainers, CNN Business
CNNLos Angeles, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/11/2023 7:06:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Pm Writer, News, Economy & Investment Explainers, CNN Business jobs in Los Angeles-NY
Search all Pm Writer, News, Economy & Investment Explainers, CNN Business postings
Full Time Job
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role…
The PM Economy and Investing Explainers and News Writer is a best-in-class business reporter responsible for covering breaking business news in the evening as well as explaining the most essential markets and economic topics and how they impact investors and consumers. This is a role for a fast writer who has a nose for business news and a knack for writing breaking news across a wide variety of business topics, from companies to markets to the economy. This is also a writer who can deliver contextualized and comprehensible analysis of stocks, bonds, commodities, cryptocurrencies, ETFs, economic news, policy, global business events and other "news you can use" for CNN Business and the broader CNN audience and network. The ideal candidate must love business and financial news, with a particular enthusiasm for covering and contextualizing investments, strategies, the economy and the most-discussed business topics of the day. This person will also be responsible for writing content that helps us reach our advertising goals for personal finance and investing related sponsorships.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Spotting and writing timely and smart explainers about the economy, consumer-facing issues and investing, in addition to the policies, corporate events, economics, markets and decisionmakers driving the conversation.
• Write a wide array of breaking business news stories that occur into the US evening.
• When a big business story breaks, the PM Economy and Investing Explainers and News Writer will take the lead in starting and updating coverage for CNN's digital platforms.
• Update stories that break across shifts.
• Work closely with newsgathering desks and digital editors to keep us sharp and fast on breaking news.
• A critical component of the job will be assisting with the live stories that are an essential part of our breaking news coverage.
• Accuracy: Clear and accurate writing will be a top priority.
• Report stories that explain complex information to a general business news audience.
• Be skeptical, but not cynical – be genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions occurring on Wall Street and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at them.
• 3+ years of digital experience
• College degree or equivalent industry experience
• Strong editorial judgement, and knowledge of or passion for business and financial news
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Demonstrates leadership qualities
• Strong communication, team collaboration skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.