HR Business Partner, CNN
CNNNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNN is looking for a fearless HR Business partner to join our team who is thinking forward! In this dynamic culture built around news & storytelling, the role is responsible for delivering high quality HR support to multiple NY client groups - across all levels of employees and management - in the digital area.
We seek a solutions-orientated and innovative individual who can be a partner to the business and trusted advisor.
• Build relationships and trust with clients to effectively influence business decisions
• Consult on staffing, compensation, training, performance management, manager capability, and compliance
• Consult with clients on approaches for resolving business challenges using sound HR practices, coupled with creativity
• Build business acumen by participating in client meetings; job shadowing; and staying abreast of industry trends
• Manage employee relations issues
• Interpret policies and implement programs within the client group to effectively impact our most important resources - people
• Partners with various HR specialist teams to deliver solutions that are relevant and client focused
• Support client groups with change management initiatives
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in HR or related client-focused role
• A bachelor's degree or requisite experience
• Strong coaching skills and ability to influence
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities with minimum supervision
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex employee relations issues
• Demonstrated ability to apply HR knowledge to resolve complex business challenges
• Excellent communication skills- written and verbal
• Ability to deliver results in a client facing role, providing day-to-day support in a dynamic 24x7 environment
• Demonstrated ability to "think out of the box" and develop creative solutions
• PHR certification is desired
• Experience working with clients in remote locations is desired
• Supportive environment that values forward thinking and diversity to bring something new to our audience
• Learn and collaborate with a talented team that is looking to learn from each other
• Dynamic HR team that partners as a trusted advisor to its clients
• Build your business knowledge supporting a smart, savvy news organization
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
• 2018 Best Company for Dads
• An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
When you work for CNN Worldwide, your work shapes news and information platforms that reach more than 2 billion people in every time zone on the planet. Your colleagues include award-winning, top-of-the-line talent committed to telling the world's stories with immediacy and accuracy. At CNN Worldwide, you're at the forefront of the global news business. To see what we are all about, go to www.cnn.com
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.