Fall Paid Intern - The Situation Room
This was removed by the employer on 7/10/2018 2:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - The Situation Room jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Fall Paid Intern - The Situation Room postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - The Situation Room? What does our department do?
The Situation Room, anchored by Wolf Blitzer, assembles top CNN correspondents, analysts, contributors and guests for complete, up-to-the minute coverage of the day's breaking news, political events, national security issues, terrorism, international relations and other major stories in the news. Modeled on the concept of the White House Situation Room, the program combines traditional reporting methods with the newest innovative online resources, making the entire process of newsgathering more transparent and placing the latest news and information at the viewers' fingertips. The Situation Room airs weekdays from 5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
What will you be doing?
• Students may have the opportunity to learn and observe a number of functions within the department, such as show research, videotape screening, logging, dubbing and other show production needs.
What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Candidates should be seeking a career in broadcast journalism, should be self-motivated, able to multitask, and have a good attitude
• Must be able to function well in an environment with short deadlines and quick turnaround projects
• Interns need to be available during the week for this internship
• Interns must be able to work between 10:30 am -- 7:00 pm.
• Fall 2018 program dates are September 10th through December 7th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.