Fall Paid Intern - Investigative Unit
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
CNN Special Investigations Unit is part of CNN's Peabody and Emmy award-winning investigative and documentary teams. These units produce the CNN Presents program and contribute to all CNN shows and platforms, including prime-time shows like Anderson Cooper 360.
What will you be doing?
• The Special Investigations intern will specifically shadow and observe Investigative Unit producers, video editors, and others involved in reporting and producing investigations out of CNN's Washington D.C. Bureau.
• The intern will learn how to conduct research, assist in production, assist in reporting stories, and help develop stories for investigations that will appear across CNN's shows and platforms, including on-line at CNN's award-winning, widely seen news site, CNN.com.
• The intern will also assist with video and photo research and whenever possible accompany producers on shoots in the field in the Washington D.C. area.
• Reporting experience and basic production skills are helpful. Interns need to be available during the week.
What do we need from you?
In order to facilitate the learning experience, the following qualifications are preferred:
• Candidate should be seeking a career in long-form or even investigative reporting, and maybe broadcast journalism specifically.
• Needs to be very self-motivated, ability to work in a team environment and multi-task, have a good attitude, and be able to function well in an environment with at times short deadlines and quick turnaround projects.
• Cover letters are REQUIRED for application.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
• Fall 2018 program dates are September 10th through December 7th.
• Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
• Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
• Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.