Electronic Graphics Operator
CNNNew York, NY
Electronic Graphics Operator (Project Position)
What part will you play?
A CNN Electronic Graphics Operator (EGO) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team. A CNN EGO has a keen eye for attention to detail and thrives in the fast paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all graphic elements.
This is a project position set to expire on June 28, 2019.
What will you be doing?
- Recalling, preparing and organizing text and graphics for a variety of productions. Proofreading of text information before use to ensure accuracy in spelling, network style, and editorial content.
- Collaborating with editorial show team members to ensure accuracy of all show graphic elements.
- Testing and organizing show graphics, download codes and show descriptions in regard to assigned shows.
- Handling overview training of those new to the department.
- Troubleshooting and critical analysis of issues, including follow-up and documentation of on/off air discrepancies.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- College degree or equivalent prior experience working in a live control room production environment
- Fluent in Windows-based applications
- Average to above average spelling ability
- Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
- Attention to detail, overall positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Open to and accepting of new technologies as well as the ability to quickly learn those new technologies
- Desirable requirements (not mandatory) include:
- Prior experience with Chyron Infinit, VizRT Trio, or comparable CG equipment in a live control room environment
- If applicable, a participant in CNN Technical Operations departmental training program
- Strong multi-tasking skillset
- Fluency in Spanish
But wait, there's more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Salary and benefits
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Job Code: 166881BR