CNNNew York, NY
Audio Designer II (Project Position)
What part will you play?
A CNN Audio Operator is an essential member of the production team. You are well versed in the art of audio mixing and enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events. The primary production is within a studio environment, but remote operations are also in the realm of responsibilities.
This is a project position set to expire on June 28, 2019.
What will you be doing?
- The set-up, operation and skillful mixing for a variety of live and pre-produced productions
- Quality assurance for all audio sources and related components.
- Creative influence to enhance the production value with selection of music and/or other effects.
- Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders
- Advanced preparation including reviewing rundowns, equipment selection, facs and overall audio plan.
- Documentation and overall management of audio board show files and related elements.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
- 1 to 3 years Industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
- Proficient with audio related components including intercom and ancillary equipment. (e.g. Enco, AZ Edit, Evertz routers)
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field.
- Candidate should have awareness of a variety of audio boards.
- Desirable requirements (not mandatory) include:
- Significant industry experience directing in a live news environment and significant industry experience as a Technical Director in a live news environment.
But wait, there's more!
Paid time off every year to volunteer
2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
Salary and benefits
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Job Code: 166880BR