Video Producer, CNBC Acorns
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country's fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The ideal Producer candidate is passionate about helping people improve their finances and digging into topics about saving, spending and investing. This producer is an experienced shooter, a talented editor and a smart script writer. Responsibilities include pitching, shooting and editing one-offs and serialized content in various formats – interviews, voice overs, hosted, etc.
The producer will work with the digital video team as well as our writers and editors to tell stories with wide reach and high impact. He or she will have to balance quick turns on tight deadlines, as well as deep dives on complex topics, which may take weeks to produce. Projects will include both in-studio and field shoots for short- and long-form videos. Editorial judgment, writing, editing and reporting experience is necessary.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting idea-generator who can capture footage and interviews from the field and produce strong journalism from his/her desk, using text, graphics, originally-shot footage and third-party video.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• 4 years of experience in a digital newsroom
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop. After Effects skills are a plus.
• Mastery of DSLR and cinema cameras (Canon or other)
• Script writing experience
• Working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Sound editorial news judgement
• General knowledge of current events and business news with an interest in personal finance and investing topics
• Passion for and knowledge of innovative multimedia storytelling and strategic thinking across digital platforms
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent teamwork skills and strong work ethic
• Someone with a strong desire to develop creatively