Technology Reporter: Future Of Transportation
CNBCSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking a Reporter to cover the future of transportation, including autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, ride-sharing, and modes of transportation not yet invented. This individual will also cover the societal and policy implications around these shifts. Beat will include traditional auto-makers, start-ups, and companies in between, as well as the people behind them.
Job duties could include, but are not limited to:
• Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.
• Break news about the people and companies on your beat.
• Write smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies on your beat.
• Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in the industry.
• Chip in on fast-breaking news about the people and companies on your beat.
• Significant experience covering automotive or tech news, ideally in a digital-first setting. A wide range of experience levels will be considered.
• Strong sources in or close to the companies in your beat area.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Demonstrated ability to break news.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of your desired beat area.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced digital news environment.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experience a plus.