Summer Paid Intern - Newsroom
Full Time Paid Internship
CNBC Summer 2018 Internship (Washington, DC)
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD , CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Opportunities in this role may include (but, not limited to):
• Working directly with CNBC reporters, anchors, producers, editors and photographers
• Assisting producers at live locations across Washington, DC including Capitol Hill and the White House
• Pitching and reporting your own stories for CNBC.com
• Collaborating on podcast production
• Contributing to social media efforts across all platforms
• Monitoring and transcribing live events
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
RECENT GRADUATES WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PROGRAM.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
DEADLINE: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2018.
**Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Talent Acquisition and Campus Programs, or her successor or designee.
• Previous internship; newsroom environment preferred
• Experience on a school newspaper or campus news station
• Passion for journalism and an interest in the intersection of business and politics