Summer Intern - Women in Technology
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC Women in Technology Summer Fellowship
The CNBC Women in Technology Fellowship program offers students an opportunity to gain hands on work experience in technology and media. Interns also receive professional development workshops, VIP access to summer event programming including executive speaker sessions.
This program is designed for the Fellows to increase their knowledge of the software development lifecycle with opportunities in the following areas: web development, mobile, OTT applications, architecture and quality assurance. At the end of the program, Fellows present a project in their designated field to senior leaders in the business. The ten-week summer program (June – August) is located in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey. The Tech Fellows are paid a competitive wage and summer housing is provided in NYC with free shuttle service to/from CNBC.
• Minimum of one internship in technology
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by February 15, 2019
Summer Program Dates: June – August 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Computer Science, Information Technology, Product Management, Systems Administration, Software Engineer, Network Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Web Development, UX Design
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, eager to learn
• Knowledge of Java, PHP, Unix/Linux scripting and relational databases and/or web development
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.