Spring Intern - Technology & Engineering
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Internships may include (but are not limited to):
• Architecture & DevOps
• Front-End Development/Back-End Development
• Quality Assurance
• Interactive Development
• Product Video/OTT Platforms
• Mobile Apps
• Tech Release Management & Support
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Work closely with design and product teams to develop interactive prototypes for the purposes of testing and iterating new product designs
• Assess the existing tools and practices of several software development teams, and analyze the changes and requirements necessary to improve
• Work with automation frameworks like Selenium WebDriver, Appium & Calabash and programming languages like Java & Ruby
• Learn the digital product life cycle and what it takes to imagine, build and deliver innovative features across all of CNBC's digital platforms
• Exposure to design tools to create sequence, component diagrams and flowcharts
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. CNBC offers Free Shuttle Service.
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Computer Science, Information Technology, Product Management, Systems Administration, Software Engineer, Network Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Web Development, UX Design
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, eager to learn
• Knowledge of Java, PHP, Unix/Linux scripting and relational databases and/or web development
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership; technology environment preferred.