Spring Intern - Production / Reporting
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The NBCUniversal Internship Program is an experience like no other. We offer diversity of opportunities, with unique internships across our iconic portfolio of brands. Through unparalleled access to the best in the business, hands-on training & one-of-a-kind networking events, our interns have the chance to influence change. Our interns are ambitious, innovative and savvy; they shape the way we do things. Here you can contribute as content creators, problem solvers & innovators. Here you can learn the power and possibilities of media and technology. Here you can go far.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com, CNBC PRO, mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices, and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Daily responsibilities and projects may include (but are not limited to):
• Working directly with CNBC reporters, anchors, producers, editors and photographers
• Assisting producers at live locations across Washington, DC including Capitol Hill and the White House
• Pitching and reporting your own stories for CNBC.com
• Collaborating on podcast production
• Contributing to social media efforts across all platforms
• Monitoring and transcribing live events
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
• Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
• Needs to be able to work on-site in Washington, DC
• Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by November 2, 2018
Spring Program Dates: January – May 2019.
• Desired Backgrounds: Journalism, Production, Communications, Digital Media
• Desired Characteristics: Strong written and oral communication skills, Passion for journalism and an interest in the intersection of business and politics
• Experience on a school newspaper or campus news station
• Previous internship experience or on-campus leadership; newsroom environment preferred.