Social News Associate, Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Social News Associate to support the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The Social News Associate will work with Senior Social Media Editor to execute social strategies across Facebook and Twitter. The ideal candidate is someone who's obsessed with social media and continually finding new ways to deliver engaging content that drives both follower and referral growth.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Execute daily posting and strategy across Make It's Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Write, optimize and schedule original site content in a timely manner
• Create compelling content on Facebook and Twitter, driving engagement and creating unique experiences
• Maintain brand voice and presence
• Contribute to the development of emerging platforms
• Maintain knowledge in the latest social technologies and best practices
• Community engagement
• Strong interest and knowledge in social video posting and sharing practices
• Work with the Senior Social Editor to execute big picture strategy for Make It's Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Work with Senior Social Editor to develop ideas for social first content
The requirements of the Social News Associate will include but are not limited to:
• A proven track record of growing social accounts and referrals.
• Strong news judgment and a good sense of the trending topics that will resonate with our audience and showcase the Make It brand
• Ability to perform and multi-task under pressure
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of 3 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The desired characteristics of the Social News Associate will include but are not limited to:
• Expert on all things Facebook and Twitter
• Interest in Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and emerging platforms
• Be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills
• Fast learner
• Photoshop experience is a plus