Social Media Editor, CNBC Make IT
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking a creative social media pro to help set and execute our social editorial strategies for CNBC Make It. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. The Social Media Editor will create and distribute content aimed at increasing traffic and engagement across all platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Twitter. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of expanding the social reach of a media outlet or brand.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Editor may include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Make It's Managing Editor and CNBC.com's social team to develop and execute social strategy across our social channels
• Manage social media platforms for Make It
• Oversight of daily posting and engagement across social channels
• Create highly shareable multi-media stories to grow audience engagement
• Develop, enhance and maintain relationships with editorial talent
• At least 2 years of experience in a social media editing or audience development role.
• Must possess the ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in social media writing, editing and strategy across platforms.
• Familiarity and comfort with digital news and social media trends
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.