Senior Producer, Digital Strategic Content
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is looking to hire a talented senior producer who will create content for Strategic Content and Special Projects. The ideal candidate has a deep interest in and understanding of business news and formats that appeal to a digital audience. They follow trends in strategic content development, building an audience for YT and OTT, and creating series for sponsorship opportunities.
This producer is a master of shooting and editing, and can take projects from start to finish by themselves or with the help of freelancers and junior producers. This producer will work across teams and collaborate with fellow videographers and editors to execute campaigns, or special projects such as VIP interview series, mini documentaries, digital shorts and other. The ideal candidate has experience with short form content as well as documentary style storytelling.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Producer could include, but are not limited to:
• Pitch, develop and produce content for strategic campaigns. Distribute and promote Strategic Content videos to ensure their optimal success.
• Work with the Strategic Content team to determine campaign goals, expectations, budget, logistics.
• Follow industry trends for Strategic Content, analyze competitors' content and implement learnings.
• Track views and other data to optimize story selection. Use analytics to determine benchmarks for campaigns and set expectations for future campaigns. Create reports on campaign / video performance.
• Develop a network of in-house and freelance producers. Work with staff producers and freelancers to execute campaigns.
• Write scripts, develop storyboards and look for Strategic Content videos, and oversee their execution. Vet scripts and work by producers. Write articles to promote videos.
• Pitch and create series for Strategic Content campaigns and Special Projects. Come up with compelling ideas clients will sponsor and people will watch.
• Serve as a coordinator on Special Projectg and a liaison between TV and Digital Video for planning and distribution. Help with general video distribution.
This producer is a master of Adobe Premiere and skillful in After Effects and animation. The candidate can capture beautiful footage and has experience with a variety of shooting equipment. This person can build a compelling story in various formats – text-on-screen, documentary-style, voice-over, or hosted.
• 6 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production, including shooting, editing, producing and directing. Past experience in a digital newsroom is a must
• Mastery of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and the entire Adobe Suite
• Proficiency in shooting, lighting and sound
• Scripting and writing experience
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
• Sourcing and contacts in the business and technology space
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in emerging social media platforms
• Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality