Senior Digital Product Designer
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The CNBC Product & Technology team is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team. The Senior Product Designer will be a core member of our newly formed multidisciplinary, in-house team that is laying the groundwork for user experience and interaction design practices within the organization.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead the design of human-centered design solutions in close collaboration with your design, product and engineering partners. You will tackle difficult design and user experience challenges through the use of iterative, collaborative ideation and discussion.
• Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams across design, product, and engineering to align designs with UX and product strategies
• Take a user-centered approach to designing new and existing products - from concept, through execution and implementation
• Evolve global design systems and pattern libraries for core products
• Employ a wide set of tools (eg. layout, motion, prototyping) to effectively deliver functional designs across a range of devices and platforms
• Evangelize interaction design craft and best practices
• Combine design thinking and execution to produce usable, intuitive interfaces
• Take full ownership of your work while maintaining an open, collaborative mindset
A typical day's work might include:
• Collaborating with peers to quickly generate and evolve ideas
• Keeping an eye on customer sentiment and analytics to assess effectiveness of designs and identify opportunities
• Developing concepts from sketches, through wireframes and comps
• Defining the user experience and interactions of CNBC products
• Developing the mood and personality of products using visual design and microinteractions
• Developing and evolving global design systems and pattern libraries
• Communicating design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
• Participating in design critiques with design, product, and engineering peers
• Helping build out design processes, tools, and culture
The Senior Product Designer will report to the Product Design Lead and will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, UX Researchers, and Engineers in an agile team structure.
The ideal candidate should have a portfolio showcasing proven results in the creation of impactful, human-centered design solutions, an innate understanding of interaction and system design, a passion for understanding the needs of users, and an awareness of how improving our tools can make it easier to produce and deliver world-class journalism.
This position is based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ - just a few minutes over the George Washington Bridge. Free shuttle service to/from the office from Manhattan - East & West side, Brooklyn, Jersey City, and Hoboken is provided throughout the day and evening.
You are passionately curious and a voracious team player who loves to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are known for making sense of ambiguity, amazing storytelling, and an obsession with quality.
• 5 years of product design experience with a focus on digital products
• ''Start with Why'' - You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
• Experience in news, finance, or in a comparable field where complex information is delivered at scale
• Believe that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
• Have experience (and are comfortable with) rapid, lean ideation
• Enjoy shipping small, quick experiments to validate your ideas and opinions
• Demonstrated mastery of all applicable design software (Sketch, Principle, Figma, etc...)
• Exceptional interaction design skills, paired with a knack for shaping efficient and effective interfaces
• Love giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
• Are curious, sharp, and aware; steadfast in defense of both the user experience and the editorial brand, but flexible in managing and balancing technical and business requirements.
• Have an established, repeatable and shareable design process that encourages collaboration between other designers and product teams