Production Manager, International
Full Time Job
The Production Manager is part of CNBC Catalyst Content Studio (EMEA & APAC) at CNBC International, based in London. In this role, you will support the Content Studio by: developing and maintaining production and finance-related administrative systems; supporting producers and editors; leading junior production staff; ensuring we meet our legal obligations during the delivery of the projects we make; liaising with finance teams to ensure we operate within budget/profitably. You will report to the Director and EP, CNBC Catalyst Content Studio and will have a Production Coordinator reporting to you.
• Project management responsibility for TV and commercial productions, providing resource, administrative and budgetary oversight on productions.
• Supporting producers by working together to define the scope of projects, drafting production schedules and allocating resources as needed.
• Developing productive working relationships with colleagues in other departments – e.g. Finance, Sales, Editorial, Marketing - at all levels - and ensuring cross-departmental projects proceed smoothly.
• Drafting prices for projects at pitch stage, handling budgets during production and working collaboratively with finance on reconciliation. Being accountable to the Director and EP, Content Studio for bringing projects in on budget.
• Maintain tracking of pitches and monitoring conversion rates.
• Offering production management skills to the production of events, as well as TV shows, commercials, digital and research projects the department undertakes.
• Working with suppliers to get the best deals available, sourcing new suppliers, and identifying new production partners, rolling these out to the department. Ensuring that we are spending an appropriate amount, to standard rates, on all projects.
• Issuing RFPs/tenders to potential production partners.
• Being responsible for the freelancer database, identifying and developing new freelancers and ensuring crews are hired according to company policies, so that projects can proceed smoothly.
• On-boarding new freelancers into the department, setting up IT log-ins, desk space and providing them with orientation.
• Developing and leading production and administration systems and processes, including project management systems, the delivery paperwork tracking systems, edit and production schedules and PO/finance systems.
• Raising, approving and tracking department POs, ensuring timely payment of suppliers.
• Working closely with the Production Co-ordinator (APAC) on all back office production functions in the department and to provide operational support the wider production team.
• Liaising with producers on travel, crewing, risk assessments and call sheets, and ensuring that these are completed accurately and on time.
• Taking ownership of music returns and liaising with the presentation and legal departments to do this in a timely manner.
• Working closely with and supporting Director and EP, as required
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIREMENTS
• Considerable experience in television and digital production in an international commercial broadcast environment or production house across multiple territories and time zones would be advantageous.
• Ability to work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and the business.
• Well-organised, with strong financial and production acumen.
• Experience handling budgets for television commercials and/or television series.
• Experience using business software e.g. SAP PO system
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively prioritise workload.
• Self-motivated with the ability to identify areas the department could improve systems and processes and suggest ways of doing this.
• Computer-literate (MS Office, and beyond).
• Experience using project management software e.g Airtable, Trello is desirable.
• Able to travel at short notice.
• A high level of written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required.
• Fluent English.