Producer, News & Programming, Digital Video
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is seeking a business news-obsessed Producer to join our growing digital video team. This position is perfect for a producer with deep understanding of digital video production-from shooting to editing- and the business news cycle. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, including long-form news explainers to publish across CNBC's digital platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The producer must be a team player, excited to collaborate with other reporters and producers on their stories as well. The producer will be expected to work with associate producers to complete mid- and long-form news video explainers based on the biggest news stories of the day.
Here are some examples of the content this journalist will be expected to create:
What Hong Kong Unrest Means For Asia's Financial Hub
How Medicare-For-All Works In Australia
How The US-China Trade War Turned Into A Currency War
The perfect candidate is a talented shooter and creative editor, has a passion for visual storytelling, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. Being comfortable in front of the camera and willingness to experiment with hosted content is a plus.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. Finding unique angles, crafting sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines is what this job is all about. Producing stories that could be controversial or sensitive will be part of the day-to-day. Writing articles to set up videos is also expected.
At least 4 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
• Sourcing and contacts in the business and technology space
• Bachelor's Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
• Experience hosting and creating digital video series and explainers
• Skills in After Effects, animation
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in emerging social media platforms
• Willingness to explore other mediums such as podcasts or virtual/augmented reality