CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2018 11:40:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Search for News Associate jobs in Englewood Cliffs-NJ
Search all News Associate postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a News Associate? Responsibilities
News Associates cover breaking news and enterprise for CNBC.com's website and app. They respond quickly to news as it breaks, working under direction from news editors and coordinating with the newsroom at large to make sure CNBC's coverage is accurate, fast and informative.
This is a full-time position on-site in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Write breaking news on a range of technology-focused topics (social media, e-commerce, cybersecurity, etc.) and follow company trends for steady coverage
• Monitor a wide selection of market-moving news leads out of Silicon Valley
• A Bachelor's degree (or comparable experience) and working knowledge of financial and/or business news content.
• At least 1 year of experience reporting in a digital newsroom
• Strong knowledge of the internet and newsroom systems including iNews.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ-perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, and more!
• Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure
• An interest in business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
• An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too.
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature.
• Wall Street/financial background is also a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.