News Associate, Digital
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
This is a full-time position, on-site in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., paying an hourly rate plus overtime, working on CNBC's ''Mad Money with Jim Cramer.''
The News Associate on ''Mad Money'' writes stories for CNBC.com from the show (1) based on the market perspectives of Cramer and (2) based on CEO interviews. The News Associate runs all of the show's social media. The News Associate also works closely with the show producers to make sure the video clips are cut to match the focus of the stories.
News Associates on the embed team are generally given latitude once they settle in to their guest-writing jobs to pitch and write stories for the content verticals: Markets, Politics, Business News (which includes retail, health, autos, industrials, and life sub-sections), and Technology.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Fact checking, including making sure quotes are verbatim, and making sure stories are free from grammatical and style errors
• Finding background research for articles from properly attributed, impartial primary sources where possible
• Attributing scoops from news websites in the copy of the article early and often
• Including detailed guest background and biases
• Being open to constructive criticism and guidance from editors
o Bachelor's degree and working knowledge of financial and/or business news content
o Strong knowledge of the internet and newsroom content management systems
o Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure
o Solid writing and verbal communication skills and an ability to work independently as well as with a team
o Candidates should be accurate, fast and cool under pressure
o Interest in business and finance journalism is key, as is experience in writing breaking news
o An obsession with AP style and light photo-editing skills help, too
o Willingness to learn new technologies
o Ideal candidates will be highly organized and accurate by nature
o Wall Street/financial background also a plus