Full Time Job
News Assistant (6 Months Contract)
News Assistants provide editorial support in coordinating scripts, graphics, working with editors to cut video. They will also provide support to producers in research, logging tapes and managing the tele-prompter. News Assistants learn the fundamentals of TV news production, working as part of a team on a daily news program. They will also begin to learn about Asian business and markets, and the fundamentals for journalism (story selection and development and much more!).
This role is ideal for candidates seeking an entry into a career in journalism and TV news production, with a keen interest in business and current affairs.
Strong candidates include those pursuing degrees in journalism, communications, media or business/economics
* Those willing to learn and work in a fast-paced, demanding live news environment
* Computer literate, strong communication and organization skills
* A great team player who displays flexibility to possibly work varied hours dependent upon business needs
* Capability to handle deadline pressure and work under the demands of a daily live show
* Languages: fluent in English. Chinese fluency is an advantage, but not essential
* Prior internship experience in TV News Production preferred, but again, not essential