Full Time Job
The News Assistant on the News Desk is responsible for working with the Desk to book guests and help with editorial planning for CNBC International. This role will have a particular focus on the German market. It is ideal for candidates looking for entry into a career in journalism and TV news production with a keen interest in business, economics, and financial markets.
• Booking and coordinating guests segments.
• Staying across German news flow and informing the newsroom of developments in Germany relevant to CNBC.
• Coordinate with our Frankfurt-based reporter to book guests from across business and politics in Germany.
• Helping produceoutside broadcasts, liaising with event organisers and overseeing logistics.
• Conceiving of segment and story ideas, interview questions, and elements for shows; working with the production team to develop these ideas into compelling programming.
• Researching stories and guests and working to uncover new angles on stories.
• Networking with guests and PR representatives.
• Communicating with news teams, senior producers, news editors, anchors, and operations staff regarding guest interviews.
• Developing strong news judgment to be able to conduct pre-interviews and prepare the guest for their on-air appearance, resulting in a robust interview.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• University degree or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience within a leading international news organisation.
• Knowledge of, and interest in, European business, political and economic news.
• Capable of handling short deadlines and work in a fast-paced and demanding live news environment.
• Good knowledge of European business, economics, and financial markets.
• A clear understanding of CNBC's editorial and programming priorities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• High standard of written English
• Languages: fluent in English. German fluency is an advantage, but not essential