Motion Graphic Designer
Full Time Job
The Broadcast Motion Graphics Designer will sit within the Europe Graphics Team working across both the UK and International programming. We are looking for a skilled Broadcast Graphic Designer able to create high quality still artwork and motion graphics for use in a live TV environment following the strategy set by the Head of Design and Creative.
The Motion Graphics Designer is responsible for providing the creative input/design for the News group's on-air needs and will also be involved in producing a range of still and motion design work across feature programmes, News specials, marketing and Digital.
The role will also be required to frequently liaise with counterparts in the US and Asia to maintain a consistency for the on air look and style.
• To deliver a range of design material for live On-air plus additional business needs as directed by the Head of Graphics. Produce all daily news requirements such as walls, bespoke charts, maps, teasers, headshots etc.
• To work collaboratively or independently either as part of a wider project or within a self-contained brief.
• To problem solve and find creative graphic solutions in the short time scales of a busy news environment.
• Design motion graphics and associated franchises for specials and long form programming
• To work with all wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated work
• Keep up to date with the latest software, technologies and industry design practices.
• Provide inspiration and ideas for On-Air and wider business design tasks.
• Develop technical departmental procedures and work standards, ensuring all work meets specifications as set by the department head.
• To work with all wider creative, editorial and marketing teams to deliver integrated work when required.
• Knowledge of Industry standard 2D/3D software practices.
• Demonstrate experience in creating High level broadcast/motion graphics via show reel/portfolio of work.
• 3D production, animation, modelling, lighting, rendering advantageous.
• Knowledge of Maxon Cinema 4D advantageous.
• Fluency in 2D compositing/Art work production knowledge, Adobe Creative suite, Ae, Ps, Ai,
• Knowledge of cross platform digital art working practices, broadcast, print, web as needed by Business.
• Chyron real time broadcast design systems production knowledge advantageous.
• Creative, clear thinker with an eye for detail and a passion for design.
• Experience in high volume of work and tight turnaround deadlines.
• Ability to work in a live TV production environment
• Ability to deliver story board ideas and present to the Head of Creative.
• Proven ability to apply design skills across all projects undertaken.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, team player.
• Ability and commitment to work to deadlines
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design or Motion Design
• Willingness to work shifts where required.
• Eligibility to work in the UK