Full Time Job
The role is to work with the VP, Business & Legal Affairs, assisting and executing business and legal affairs functions for all aspects of the CNBC EMEA business. The role reports to the VP, Business & Legal Affairs Business & Legal Affairs, CNBC EMEA based in London.
Assisting with the drafting of documentation relating to all activities of the business, including distribution agreements, service agreements, licensing agreements, barter agreements, advertising and sponsorship sales agreements , agreements for third party advertising and distribution reps, and production agreements.
Advising on the regulatory environment including the requirements of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code, the BCAP Code and the ASA Codes in relation to programming, advertising and sponsorship.
Support the VP, Business & Legal Affairs, CNBC EMEA when resolving potential or actual disputes. Role may include document management, preparation of instructions to external counsel and summarizing and communicating the advice to the business.
Ensure compliance with laws and regulatory requirements in EMEA (including FCPA and Bribery Act requirements), ensure implementation of internal policies and providing assistance and training to facilitate compliance with such laws, regulations and policies. Liaising with NBCU compliance team when required.
Working with the business to ensure all Intermediary Management System requirements are met when appointing third party representatives.
An understanding of concepts of trade mark law and copyright principles such as ''fair dealing / ''fair use'' and being able to advise the editorial teams on questions that are raised. Advice and assistance with enforcement of the business' IP rights and brands.
Assisting with local entities' corporate secretarial needs in EMEA.
Assistance as required and other duties as assigned which may include preparation of training materials to the business. Small amount of team admin as required.
• Lawyer that is NQ – 2 years PQE, preferably with some experience at an international law firm
• A solid understanding of the principles of contractual and commercial law
• Good general understanding of laws and regulations applicable to an international media business in EMEA
• Excellent IT skills including powerpoint, Word and Excel
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Passion for the role with a ''can do'' attitude. Ability to ''step outside ones lane'' on occasion
• Ability to prioritize efficiently, and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential
• Must be a commercially minded team player
• Must be able to work independently, have the ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Solid drafting skills
• Time management capabilities, client-servicing skills and problem-solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills