Editor, CNBC Acorns
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country's fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The Editor will be responsible for pitching, writing, & editing engaging content aligned with an optimistic target brand voice that informs, educates and inspires readers about trending market news stories and personal finance and investing topics. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting and editing skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
could include, but are not limited to:
• Working with staff reporters and outside contributors to deliver compelling, insightful and high-quality digital content.
• Generating innovative story and series ideas, and executing on existing franchises.
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage.
• Generating innovative story ideas, collaborating with and guiding writers, while also independently writing and reporting
• Research, source, pitch and write personal finance and investing pieces for digital platforms
• Deliver written content on deadlines set by Senior Editor
• Collaborating with the CNBC Acorns digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• At least 5 years experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to accurately and clearly edit and write in a fast-paced news environment.
• Bachelor's degree
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• The ideal candidate is a storytelling entrepreneur in his/her own right--someone who is excited about the success of a new enterprise, and curious about the world.
• This individual will see story ideas in the unexpected, and can't wait to bring them back to the team.