Director, HR and Talent / Organizational Development
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The Director, HR and Talent/Organizational Development at CNBC has 2 exciting parts to this role: (1) HR leadership supporting the President, Business News Worldwide and the organization including Events, Business Development, Strategic Content and Technical Operations; and (2) the Global Talent Organizational Development leader to partner closely with 10 HR employees around the world to identify individual, group and organizational development opportunities by defining, developing, implementing and evaluating strategies and programs to improve overall employee effectiveness and engagement. This individual will have 1 HR Manager reporting to them in support of the organization. This position is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, which offers great perks and amenities (dry cleaning, gourmet cafeteria, Genius Bar, free fitness center, etc.) to our employees. In addition, our company offers free shuttle service to/from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City.
Including but not limited to…
• Strategically and creatively drive HR initiatives including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, employee development, rewards and recognition, and organizational effectiveness.
• Understand dynamics and key business priorities of client groups in order to partner with business leaders on effectively managing and leading their organizations. Provide guidance to develop solutions to talent gaps, training needs, and organizational challenges and structures.
• Advocate and offer guidance and counseling to employees and managers concerning work-related issues and work to resolve issues in a proactive, compassionate and positive manner.
• Participate in the ideation and organization of onsite employee events related to strategic initiatives (diversity, wellness, L&D, pipeline programs, etc.) – i.e. health & job fairs, development programs, volunteering opportunities, anti-harassment seminars, etc.
• Be a thoughtful leader to drive change.
• Foster a positive work environment and drive engagement that encourages all employees to maximize their potential and full use of diverse talents and abilities to realize business growth for the future. Act as an employee advocate.
• Develop a learning and understanding of each role in the client group and how those roles impact our product.
• Close partnership with other functional employees (i.e. Finance, PR, Legal) to provide thoughtful and strategic business support.
• Manage/mentor more junior members of HR staff.
TALENT ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Partner with CNBC HR business partners around the world and operating leaders to build a strategy and an actionable plan focused on improving the overall effectiveness of the CNBC talent and organization. Conduct needs assessments to identify opportunities.
• Must be skilled in utilizing data analytics to tell a story about the needs of the organization to senior management as well as evaluating the success of our programs.
• Form collaborative relationships with the NBCUniversal internal corporate university team – The Talent Lab. Build on enterprise offerings to provide tailored approaches for the business that promote a learning culture, including design and delivery of a suite of learning programs, vendor management, resources and budget allocation.
• Begin to curate a catalogue and curriculum of training and development programs using vendors tailored to our unique and diverse populations. Partner with HR leaders to make learning recommendations based on talent data and insights.
• Evaluate global talent and organizational development strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals.
• Support talent planning efforts by facilitating calibration discussions, capturing themes, and ensuring the talent review process is ''operationalized'' and integrated into other talent-related activities.
• Organize and steer key HR processes across the broader global HR team, including but not limited to, employee surveys, diversity initiatives, talent review and succession planning, performance management and other development activities.
• Plan events to drive engagement across the entire organization such as executive roundtables, CNBC department lunch and learns, etc.
• Design and facilitate executive off-sites, new manager assimilations and team development sessions.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field of study
• Minimum 7 years of relevant HR Business partnering experience including recruiting, performance management, and organizational development
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ with travel to New York City
• Experience managing HR employees
• Advanced Excel skills required along with strong data analysis
• International experience a plus
• Certifications in 360 feedback and related psychometric tools highly desired
• Experience developing a learning development curriculum and utilizing state of the art delivery methods for global learning options
• Branding or employee communications background is a strong advantage
• Global perspective a must and able to work with diverse cultures
• Wants to work in a fun, passionate, high energy, fast paced environment
• Outstanding client focus with the ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and with a wide range of client types. Can earn trust and credibility quickly
• Creative problem solver with a passion for HR strategy
• Strong prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple completing deliverables
• Possesses a high degree of emotional intelligence and can be flexible to adapt easily
• Quick learner and problem solver who thinks outside the box to find solutions with a track record of successful results delivery
• Established executive presence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills
• Strong employee relations skill set and can handle complex Employee Relations issues
• Inquisitive listener who can drill down to find the root cause of issues
• Strong business acumen, analytical and project management skills. Must be able to showcase success with persuasion and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to translate ''big picture'' business strategy into an actionable HR plan
• Self-starter that demonstrates leadership with or without formal authority through strong influencing skills
• Experience in translating talent development and OD methodologies into practical business applications
• Strong change management skills