Digital Product Design Lead, CNBC
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
About the role:
As a Digital Product Design Lead at CNBC, we will look to you to evangelize the interaction design discipline while forming a strong partnership with cross-functional team members. You will split your time between owning projects and collaborating with others to tackle difficult design and user experience challenges through the use of design craft, thoughtful critique, and discussion that provokes others to think broadly, beyond a single solution or approach.
The Digital Product Design Lead will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, UX Researchers, and Engineers to drive the alignment of product design with user needs and product strategy and help create tools that make it easier to produce, deliver, and consume world-class journalism.
This position is based in Englewood Cliffs, NJ - just a few minutes over the George Washington Bridge. Free shuttle service to/from the office from Manhattan - East & West side, Brooklyn, Jersey City, and Hoboken is provided throughout the day and evening.
Your typical day might include:
• Collaborating with designers and developers to define and evolve the design of our websites mobile apps (iOS/Android)
• Taking the lead on defining and executing the user experience, interaction and digital design of a product or feature
• Planning and leading collaborative ideation and workshops
• Defining directions for the mood and personality for our products
• Experimenting with motion and interactions to bring life to our experiences
• Ensuring design quality by providing feedback and guidance to designers, developers, and product managers
• Collaborate with cross-functional agile teams across design, product, and engineering to align digital design with UX and product strategies
• Take a user-centered approach to the design of new and existing product features - from ideation, through execution and implementation
• Evolve, manage, and govern global design systems and pattern libraries for core products
• Identify efficiencies and help correct product inconsistencies, on both the digital and experience side.
• Employ a wide set of tools (eg. layout, motion, prototyping) to effectively deliver functional designs across a range of devices and platforms
• Evangelize interaction design craft and best practices
• A strong understanding of user experience, interaction design, and design systems
• Passion for understanding the needs of users
• Experience designing responsive websites and mobile apps (iOS/Android)
• Experience leading a team
• Demonstrated mastery of all applicable design software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, etc...)
• Have experience (and are comfortable with) conducting rapid and effective design solutions in a startup or similarly fast-paced environment
• Able to provide case studies of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, exceptional interaction design, and solid information architecture
• Exceptional digital and typographic sensibility, paired with a knack for shaping efficient and effective interfaces.
• You are a passionately curious and voracious team player who loves to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are known for making sense of ambiguity, amazing storytelling, and an obsession with quality.
• ''Start with Why'' - You understand how to ask the right questions to get data that uncovers critical insights
• Believe that product and design decisions are inextricably linked
• Are curious, sharp, and aware; steadfast in defense of both the user experience and the editorial brand, but flexible in managing and balancing technical and business requirements.
• The ideal candidate will have an exceptional portfolio of interaction design work with a focus on website and mobile app design, a strong understanding of UX and system design, a passion for understanding the needs of users, and an awareness of how improving our tools can make it easier to produce and deliver world-class journalism.