Digital Associate Program
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
CNBC is looking for the next generation of multimedia journalists!
Our 16-month Digital Rotational Program is a postgraduate opportunity designed to provide participants with exposure to a wide range of experiences, ongoing mentorship and targeted training within the face-paced world of digital news.
After four, four-month rotations within our newsroom, team members will graduate from the program with the chance to apply for exciting internal roles and will be equipped with the knowledge and tools to thrive in today's digital space.
may include, but are not limited to:
• Pitching both breaking news and enterprise content for CNBC.com and/or Make It;
• Developing sources and building your network to land the next big scoop in business news;
• Conceptualizing and producing videos, including scripting, shooting, and editing original content;
• Using all major social platforms to create and publish sharable multimedia stories.
Exciting roles are available within the following areas:
CNBC Digital delivers fast, accurate breaking news for a wide range of industries, including markets, economy, technology, and consumer business. The breaking news desk moves quickly to make sure readers are quickly informed of all the news they need in order to make smart decisions. The breaking news team coordinates with the newsroom at large to make sure the website is comprehensively covering the news of the day.
Our digital video team is responsible for the development, production and delivery of original video content across multiple platforms. This includes day-of stories, features, premium content and video series and franchises. Video producers touch all aspects of video creation - from conception, pitching ideas, writing scripts, shooting and editing.
Our creative social media team creates shareable multimedia stories and uses all major social platforms to publish and distribute this original content. They track social media trend, and they use this information to develop and execute our social editorial strategies.
CNBC's enterprise reporters work hard to own the beats that matter most to finance and business readers. Each reporting group works closely with a section editor to delve deeply into their beats, chase down scoops and push the news forward.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration of sixteen (16) months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
• Must be willing to work in the New York/New Jersey area beginning in July, 2019;
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States;
• Must be 18 years or older;
• A bachelor's or master's degree;
• Journalism experience;
• Solid writing skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV
Ideal candidates should demonstrate the following values:
• A desire to tell great stories;
• A competitive nature;
• A willingness to collaborate with teammates;
• A passion (that borders on an obsession) for digital media;
• A commitment to a career in digital journalism;
• A genuine enthusiasm for CNBC content.