Clip Desk Manager
CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
The Clip Desk Manager is responsible for managing our centralized video production team and working with producers, the assignment desk and show units to produce newsworthy sound bites, voice over clips and opens for scripted and unscripted material in a quick turnaround live news environment;
The Clip Desk Manager will also oversee clip management, maintain standard operating procedures and oversee user licensing, training and tracking for various digital platforms. The position requires strong leadership and managerial skills to provide best in class customer service and create value for stakeholders.
(including but not limited to):
• Manage a team of video producers.
• Work closely with show units, producers, reporters, the assignment desk, domestic and international bureaus to research select and deliver the best video for broadcast and multi-platform distribution.
• Engage the Assignment desk to review on air guest appearances and turnaround key sound bites, directly.
• Monitor top business stories for breaking news and take part in news meetings as required.
• View all video prior to air to ensure quality.
• Supervise edit sessions.
• Become Subject Matter Expert in MAM workflow as it relates to business day programming.
• Support training for MAM and other digital applications as necessary.
• Designate retention value of clips for rights and restrictions purposes, newness and overall media management.
• Conduct audits of edited content and prepare productivity metrics. Report out critical metrics monthly.
• Establish, maintain and communicate operational standards and production workflow to team.
• Manage team scheduling and projects.
• Train, develop and coach staff.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, television production, journalism or related field
• Minimum 4 years' experience directly managing teams in a broadcast, video and/or post production environment
• Excellent knowledge of current and historical events
• Familiarity with names and faces of business leaders in the news
• Experience working in a non-linear editing environment
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, heavy deadline environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Strong editorial judgment and organizational skills; interest in business and financial news
• Solid competency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice including weekends and holidays as news requires
• Avid iNEWS or similar NRCS experience
• Knowledge of Stratus or Avid media asset management systems
• Understanding of HD and SD file formats
• Technical aptitude with a desire to learn
• Ability to understand and quickly assess issues and respond with solutions
• Process and detail oriented