Brand and Creative Strategist
Full Time Job
The Brand & Creative Strategist, Manager, International, is part of a team that develops and proposes innovative creative solutions (using all assets available to CNBC clients; digital, video / TV, events, research, etc.) for CNBC Catalyst's commercial partners. The primary aim is maximising net revenue and delivering on clients' and the sales teams' KPIs .
- This role works within the Brand and Creative Strategy group, a team of five total. Reporting to the team director, the candidate works closely with team members in London and Singapore to deliver results.
- The role is a senior team member as will contribute to the systems and processes within the team to ensure the best possible solutions are being developed for clients through the front-line sales team.
- Work with the front line sales team to respond to briefs with (principally) bespoke, strategic digital or TV content solutions. Responses will range from verbal input to producing a text-based proposal or creating a detailed 'PowerPoint' proposal and presenting it directly to the client or agency
- Work with the Catalyst Content Studio commercial production team to ensure accurate production cost estimates and communicating details to the front line sales team (for media planning)
- Create project plans and assist in the deal review process for every successfully converted proposal to ensure a smooth hand-over from pitch to contract and then to execution/production
- Work with the broader Catalyst BCDE team to ensure optimal pitch to deal conversion rates and repeat clients
- Keep up-to-date with industry and technological advancements particularly in digital advertising/targeting and b2b events and evolve client pitch and presentation process
- Staying informed on:
o Business news, how CNBC covers it and the key business and political newsmakers
o CNBC's regional programming and editorial schedules (TV and digital)
o Regional regulatory environments for media owners
o Competitive landscape – other media owner; strategies, client wins/losses
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong journalistic background.
- Experience working within a global news organization.
- Experience developing or producing sponsored editorial series running cross-platform
- Strong commercial experience and expertise in delivering branded content solutions across TV, digital, social and events, including native advertising.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, with proven success in audience targeting, tracking and amplification
- Successful track record providing strategic marketing advice and consulting on campaign development
- In-depth knowledge of latest trends in marketing, particularly digital and b2b events
- Deep industry knowledge and track record of working with corporate clients from finance, tech, energy and luxury sector.
- Excellent, innovative and persuasive, written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- A collaborative, 'can do' approach that encourages co-operation between internal departments and stakeholders to help enhance CNBC's client relationships
- Creativity and a passion for innovative problem solving
- Proven ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressured environment; meet deadlines and effectively prioritise projects
- Firm knowledge and understanding of Ofcom broadcast regulations
- University degree and media qualification preferred
- Willingness to travel as required and to work flexible hours when necessary
- Mandarin proficiency a plus.
Open Date: 25th September 2018
Close Date: 23rd October 2018