CNBCEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, Cnbc.Com
CNBC Digital Video is looking to hire associate producers for its News and Programming team. These roles are perfect for producers who are fluent in Adobe Premiere and obsessed with the latest news about bitcoin, Tesla, Amazon, the markets, Warren Buffett and what shapes and moves the global and U.S. economy.
These producers will be creating and curating videos covering the most important business, markets and political stories of the day. The ideal candidates are fast editors, and motivated and disciplined producers who would help the team identify new ways to create original videos using existing broadcast footage. These producers will also pitch and produce off-air interviews, digital original videos, and help on shoots across other teams within the video department.
These producers are excited about business news and understand the importance of accurate and balanced coverage as well as the value of being first. They will be mentored by and learn from the smartest people in business journalism, and work on projects that will reach millions of viewers across our digital platforms.
Here are some examples of videos the producers will be creating:
If you invested in these companies when the market bottomed in 2009, here's how much you'd have now
Watch five market experts explain what investors should do next as stocks hit all-time highs
Trump and the Koch brothers are at odds with the midterms around the corner
Here's what it's like to be a Supreme Court justice
The producers should be able to work independently and be available to work early mornings or late nights, depending on the news cycle. Weekend work may also be required.
• Editing 4-5 short videos covering the most important business news of the day.
• Writing short scripts and working with a senior producer on crafting informed and insightful video stories.
• Pitching, producing and editing original digital videos using existing broadcast footage, such as analyst mashups, timelines and other creative executions.
• Selecting the most newsworthy soundbites from broadcast interviews and news segments.
• Crafting compelling and accurate headlines and descriptions for videos appearing on CNBC.com and other platforms.
• Optimizing video clips for SEO, metadata tracking and distribution partners.
• At least one year of experience working in a fast-paced digital or TV newsroom.
• Strong writing skills and news judgement, and interest in business journalism.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere.
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures.
• Ability to work early mornings/evenings and/or weekends depending on breaking news.
• Experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
• Experience shooting with Canon 5D and Canon C100 in field and studio settings are a plus.