Associate Producer - Make It
CNBCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CNBC Make It is looking for a talented Associate Producer for its expanding video team. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money. This candidate should be familiar with all aspects of video production and possess a highly-creative storytelling voice. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with scripting, shooting, editing and producing original narrative, explanatory multimedia stories and "quickturn'' day-of content. A candidate who has experience with social video is preferred.
The ideal team member is a self-starter who is comfortable researching and pitching stories on his/her own and can also work within a team setting depending on project demands. At CNBC Make It – we aim to make people smarter about personal finance, careers, leadership and entrepreneurship, so candidates with a passion to learn about the business world around them and explain it to others will be successful in this role.
The Associate Producer will work with a team of highly-motivated video producers, artists and digital reporters/writers to develop and tell unique stories. This role will provide opportunities for quickturn, studio and field work. Every voice on the team counts, so if you are willing to ask questions, give thoughtful feedback and strive for greatness – you will be a wonderful fit!
- Four year college degree (or comparable professional experience) with course work/major emphasis on digital media, communications, journalism or business journalism
- Must have excellent research and writing skills
- Broadcast script and AP style writing experience
- Experience editing/producing content for social platforms: FB, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Strong analytical ability
- Highly collaborative and creative
- Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
- Must have intermediate level experience with all aspects of digital video production including: producing, shooting and editing
- Intermediate level experience producing/editing on Adobe Creative Suite, shooting with DSLRs and Cinema cameras
- Demonstrated knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
- A sample of the candidate's work will be required *please provide links when applying*