Associate Producer, Booking
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, Booking (News & Programming)
The Associate Producer on the booking desk works to pursue first or exclusive interviews with news makers, market movers; and plays an important role in ensuring CNBC's world-class offering for business and financial news.
The role will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with new and established guests, PRs and key stakeholders. In addition, this role works in conjunction with show teams to develop live segments by finding and booking compelling guests for the shows.
Strong candidates include those who have extensive business C-level contacts across the region and proven record of securing high-profile guest interviews.
• Booking and coordinating guests segments, travel if necessary for guest assignments
• Strong news judgment to be able to conduct pre-interviews and prepare the guest for their on-air appearance, resulting in a robust interview.
• Conceive of segment and story ideas, interview questions, and elements for shows - work with the production team to develop these ideas into compelling programming.
• Networking with guests and PR representatives and grow CNBC's market lead position
• Communication with news teams, senior producers and news editors, anchors, and operations staff regarding guests interviews.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
5 Years of working experience in TV news and interest in business news and current affairs; knowledge in Asian markets would be an advantage
Guest booking experience is required, extensive business C-level contacts across the region and proven record of securing high-profile guest interviews and market movers
Field production skills, ideally with live show experience
Strong communication and organization skills
A great team player who displays flexibility to possibly work varied hours dependent upon business needs
Capability to handle deadline pressure and work under the demands of a daily live show
Languages: fluent in English. A second language is an advantage, but not essential
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.