Assistant Manager, Affiliate Sales & Marketing
Full Time Job
The role's primary responsibility is to lead the marketing efforts in all aspect of pay-tv, B2B distribution and content sales across International, with the ultimate objective of developing new sales leads and minimizing churn of existing businesses. It will ensure that CNBC users, distributors and clients understand the value that CNBC brings to them.
- Proactively work with distribution sales executives to develop marketing strategies that solve the challenges faced by existing distributors, to the extent that the following requirements are met:
• Top decision makers at the distributors are fully aware of the value proposition that CNBC delivers against their financial objectives.
• Distributors feel a sense of ownership of the CNBC brand.
• Distributors' core customer bases are exposed to, and are knowledgeable of CNBC's tent pole editorial offerings.
- Keep close track of the editorial calendar across to seize on upcoming editorial opportunities to maximize on:
• Co-branding opportunities on media and on the ground.
• Client engagement with editorial and talent.
• Targeted messaging to clients.
• Cross promotion and contest opportunities on clients' platforms
- Develop marketing strategies to convert distributors who are not sold on CNBC through:
• Clear comprehension of the roadblocks.
• Targeted advertising.
• Events and client engagement.
• Actively build on the CNBC's distribution brand narrative of:
• Always LIVE offering.
• Largest stage for Influencers.
• Unique offering that does not fit the mould of a traditional finance channel.
• Digital strategy to drive future CNBC audience.
- Set clear marketing campaign objectives and report on how successful the campaign has been in delivering against the objectives.
- Use each campaign to fine-tune the ability to target clients so as to continuously improve the efficiency in targeting the desired audience. Build a database of core clients.
- Prepare pitch documents that represent CNBC's core values.
- Bi-monthly report on how the marketing budget delivered against the objectives.
- Prepare the annual marketing budget and the rationale against it.
- Oversee monthly cross-promotion of CNBC shows and assets (e.g.: key artwork, web banners, videos, social media copy lines, telecast details) to distributors to ensure ongoing channel visibility and affinity
- Identify Out-Of-Home (OOH) opportunities in APAC markets to display CNBC's content to achieve greater brand visibility and recall.
- Collaborate with internal teams which include brand marketing, ad sales, research, programming, finance and legal to ensure strong alignment of strategies and business objectives
- This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Marketing or Communications
- At least 3 years work experience in marketing, digital marketing, events management and/or client servicing
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns concurrently
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing campaigns, events and drive affiliate
- Strong practitioner of social media marketing, customer relationship and database management. Skilled in Facebook & LinkedIn advertising with strong understanding of relevance scores, social media trends, advertising analytics reporting, Ad delivery and Click-Through tracking
- Experience in executing e-mail marketing campaigns
- High proficiency in excel and PowerPoint, with ability to produce high-impact presentations under time pressure
- Excellent marketing acumen, with laser focus in delivering on ROI.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, ability to work effectively with News, Marketing and PR.
- Ability to connect the dots/sense opportunities and deliver on highly effective campaigns with minimum lead time.
- Experience in managing department budgets and good with numbers
- Ability to communicate effectively to external stakeholders, vendors, internal staff and senior management
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to large audiences
- Interest in Business and Financial News
- Experience in broadcast industry or content distribution will be a bonus
- Will be required to travel
- Highly proficient in English. Familiarity in other South East Asian language will be a bonus.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.