Full Time Job
This role's primary task is to be a strategist in monetizing CNBC's content through existing and emerging distribution platforms. The candidate will steward CNBC's brand, market and product strategies to protect and grow existing revenue streams while developing new revenue in emerging distribution platforms. You will work with the Head of Distribution to lead select accounts and/or markets while developing new product lines that could be applicable across the region. You will determine holistic market strategies and maximize monetization through distribution and content licensing. You will lead in transforming the brand's business model from revenue streams primarily dependent on the linear channel to emerging platforms through new product development. You will conduct clear-sighted analysis of CNBC's strengths and weakness, and of how those strengths can be leveraged to maximise long-term prospect and near term profitability. You are a master negotiator in mapping out all possible negotiations scenario in advance to minimise blind spots, thereby consistently steer negotiations close to the best possible outcome. You know when to hold the line and respond appropriately when dealing with unreasonable clients.
• Over-achieve assigned sales targets.
• Provide strategic solutions to new product or business development opportunities and initiatives.
• Through in-depth research, map out possibilities and solutions in order to determine the right market strategy for existing or new markets.
• Finding new avenues and unique ways to device new revenue streams in a rapidly disrupting media landscape.
• Transition business from traditional distribution models to emerging platforms, while protecting existing revenue streams.
• Track trends and report key findings to Head of Distribution and other key leadership team members as appropriate.
• Work closely with Sales, Finance, Editorial and Digital teams, and gaining exposure at the most senior levels of our international business.
• This job description is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to carry out any other tasks as requested and within capabilities.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
• Strong recent history of meeting sales targets.
• Exceptional problem-solving ability. Logical reasoning, creative thinking, comfort with numbers, and the ability to untangle complex issues. Able to grasp media and economic trends.
• Enjoys problem solving, business strategies, deep interest in the evolution of the media landscape.
• Exposure to International markets, with a key focus on APAC.
• Outstanding presentation skills and ability to frame and communicate complicated analyses in Power point format.
• Capable communicator (written and verbal) who presents well in front of an audience.
• Pro-Active & solution focused with high attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with and influence people at all levels
• Ability to operate & communicate effectively across diverse cultural and business environments.
• Intellectually strong. Deliberate and careful communicator to inspire trust and credibility with clients and partners. Carries through with what he or she communicates.
• Relentless energy to push themselves and their team further to challenge the status quo to drive new revenue opportunities.
• Ability to think strategically about the changing media/digital landscape.
• Comfortable dealing with senior management and international contacts.
• Commercially aware individual with proven ability to identify and drive strategy within an international environment.
• Ability to identify key priorities within a heavy workload and execute on them.
• Ambassador of the business with sufficient stature internally and externally to represent the business positively.
• Proven record of working cross functionally with colleagues.
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner.
• Language skills especially a European one preferable but not essential
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.