Account Director - India, Japan & Anz
Full Time Job
The Account Director will be responsible for the delivery of individual advertising sales revenue target for CNBC and CNBC.com. He/she will demonstrate teamwork not only contributing to the team revenue target by hitting their own but also collecting and sharing market intelligence, creative ideas and knowledge with team peers.
• To meet & exceed specified quarterly / annual TV and Online revenue goals in India, Japan & ANZ.
• To develop and sell creative solutions across TV, digital and events that stand-out from the competition.
• To consistently deliver executional excellence, digital innovation, and high client servicing in the region.
• Drive and strategically direct the relevant rep relationships in market.
• To identify and deliver new client revenue streams and maximize client retention for CNBC and CNBC.com.
• To work with the in-house Catalyst team to ensure proposals offer best practice with targeted, bespoke and accountable solutions that demonstrate a clear understanding of the clients' businesses and advertising/communication needs.
• To source for new clients and develop new advertising categories to continually improve market share.
• To develop and implement strategic market plans to achieve the sales targets.
• Consistently service client and agency relationships such that CNBC are top of mind and on the consideration set for all suitable campaigns.
• To embody the CNBC values and act as brand ambassador across market portfolio.
• Evangelise the content partnership successes and develop award winning solutions in response to client content needs.
• To manage and limit cost of sale expenditure in client packages.
• To undertake accurate and timely revenue forecasting and reporting as required for CNBC Management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• 7 years of media sales experience.
• Results-oriented with proven track record.
• Experience of working across relevant markets in APAC.
• Experience of managing rep relationships across APAC.
• Experience managing accounts and delivering strong year on year growth in sales and margin.
• Experience of selling multi-platform solutions, including TV, Digital, Events & Research.
• Strong digital expertise with knowledge and understanding of digital sales and campaign amplification.
• Ability to demonstrate previous examples of outstanding campaign-winning creativity.
• Strong understanding of branded content across TV & digital.
• Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills, both oral and written.
• Knowledge of English required. Additional Asian languages, an advantage.
• Experience of working in an International environment.
• High proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills - ability to listen and tailor plans to customers' needs.
• Strong & effective negotiator.
• Ability to network and drive trusted, influential relationships at senior level.
• Ability to take ownership and work proactively to drive strategic approach across markets.
• Willingness to present to large groups of people.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet client and sales requirements.
• Ability to work to deadlines in a dynamic market.
• Willingness to travel around the region frequently.
• Proven ability to work across functions and influence colleagues.
• Understanding of cultural dynamics in key markets and ability to manage client and rep relationships accordingly.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.