Assistant Head of Tent
Cirque du SoleilNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant Head of Tent - KOOZA
Reporting to the Site Operations Director and working under the supervision of the Head of Tent, you will be required to:
- Support the Head of Tent in all aspects of tent infrastructure maintenance, setup and tear-down;
- Participate in the maintenance of the site infrastructures;
- Participate in the daily inspection of the tent infrastructure;
- Coordinate the setup and tear-down in cooperation with the Head of Tent;
- Research and purchase tent supplies;
- Assist the Site Operations Department in updating the preventive maintenance and inspection program and infrastructure installation and operations procedures;
- Assist the Technical team in protecting the show's integrity;
- Comply with all local and regional rules and regulations regarding safety and tent equipment;
- Supervise quality maintenance, cleanliness and security on site;
- Participate in any other projects assigned by the Site Operations Director.
- Maintain and repair canvas and other structures in compliance with the infrastructure preventive maintenance and inspection program set by IHQ;
- Assist with the setup and tear-down of canvas and other structures in compliance with infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
- Inform IHQ of modifications made to canvas and other structures in order to keep the preventive maintenance and inspection program and infrastructure installation and operating procedures up to date;
- Develop maintenance schedules in cooperation with the Head of Tent and IHQ;
- Develop setup and tear-down schedules in cooperation with the Head of Tent and the Site Operations Director;
- Supervise supernumerary personnel during setup and tear-down and for special projects;
- Participate in show call and/or morning inspections on site;
- Remain on call for emergencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Vocational or technical diploma;
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar position;
- Tour experience an asset;
- Basic knowledge of tent or big top maintenance;
- Knowledge of rigging;
- Knowledge of workplace safety and fall prevention;
- Ability to work high above the ground;
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate other heavy machinery;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software for Windows;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
- Available to tour full-time and work in foreign countries;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online