Cinq Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Cinq Music Group is looking for a full time Royalty Manager in our Los Angeles Office
Schedule: Full Time Employee with 90 Day Probationary Period. After 90 period you will be eligible for benefits including: Health Insurance, 401K & more.
Location: Playa Vista, CA
Pay: $70,000 - $120,000 annual salary
Cinq Music is a Grammy winning independent record label, music distribution, and rights management company. From rights management to brand management, our company provides a wide range of services for our clients -- using technology as the foundation, we are focused on finding innovative new ways to market and monetize every available revenue stream to maximize its value.
• Oversee all aspects of distribution, label, and music publishing royalty process.
o Distribution partners, JV labels, artists, producers, side artists, overrides, samples, audio and video DSP's, mechanicals, A/V (music video), co-publishers, songwriters.
• Ensure prompt and accurate processing/reporting of both royalty accounts payable and receivable.
• Analyze and brief DSP, distribution, recording/artist, producer, music publishing and other royalty contracts and enter royalty provisions into our royalty systems
o Interpret royalty agreements, understanding the terms, conditions and calculations necessary for proper, timely and correct statements.
• Manage the onboarding of royalty accounts for new clients.
• Track royalty data entry, royalty data clean up, recoupable advance/expenses, account analysis and reconciliation. Accounts receivable payment and accuracy tracking.
• Support month/quarter end reconciliation of royalty accounts.
• Research, analysis and reconciliation of payable and receivable accounts.
• Work closely with finance team to ensure and enforce best practices on matching, reporting systems, royalty flow and data transparency.
• Ensure and coordinate accurate & timely royalty payments.
• Prepare royalty balance reports and payment request for Finance/AP.
• Interface with Finance, A&R (Creative and Admin), Legal and Business Affairs, and Licensing.
• Lead development of proprietary/internal royalty systems as the subject matter expert. Must have experience with royalty system analysis and development.
o Experience with Korrect Royalty Software and Vistex/Counterpoint Record and Music Maestro.
• Respond to statement related client inquiries in a timely manner.
• Prepare revenue evaluations as part of Catalog/Asset Acquisition team, and other ad-hoc analysis/reporting as requested.
• Manage team of local and off shore resources. Must have experience and comfort level with remote team management.
• Report department metrics and status of work to Management. Continuously improve revenue and royalty processes.
• Correspond with DSP's, labels, managers, artists, publishers, accountants, third parties on all royalty related matters. Build strategic industry relationships.
• Manage copyright and document registration.
• Maintain highly detailed and organized files.
• This position is a direct report to the GM, with a dotted line to the CFO.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years related work experience
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), Google Docs (Docs, Sheets), SQL.
• Deep knowledge of label and publishing royalties, databases, processes and technologies.
• Tech-Savvy with strong computer skills. Experience with Korrect Royalty Software and Vistex/Counterpoint Record and Music Maestro.
• Strong communication skills. Fluent spoken and written English. Fluency in Spanish is a big plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online