Cincinnati RedsGoodyear, AZ
Full Time Job
Department: Baseball Operations
Job Title: Medical Administrator
Reports To: Director of Athletic Training and Director of Physical Therapy
Job Purpose: Facilitate the day-to-day administration of the medical department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct Responsibilities:
• Perform duties related to medical administration, as instructed by the Director of Athletic Training and Director of Physical Therapy, including but not limited to:
• Processing medical services and supplies invoices to submit to Accounts Payable.
• Assisting with medical supply acquisition for the department and affiliates.
• Work with Arizona Operations staff to ensure facility is up to standards for medical staff and non-medical supplies are stocked and available.
• Assist with medical administration, including scheduling, negotiating services/rates, expenses and logistics.
• Serve as a communication liaison between Director of Athletic Training, Director of Physical Therapy and the physicians and office staff in Cincinnati, Arizona and affiliate cities.
• Assist Baseball Operations personnel with the completion of paperwork for Human Resources and contracts.
• Arrange player travel and transportation, as needed.
• Organize Spring Training physicals and schedule physician coverages.
• Maintain the completeness of the EMR, with respect to medical documentation.
• Assist with the organization of EAP and TUE processes.
• Work with Human Resources and third-party administrator to process potential Baseball Ops workers compensation claims for submission and ensure the consistency of information from claims.
• Assist with the administration of California workers compensation claims, including administration of all medical records, subject to subpoena.
• Indirect Responsibilities:
• Assist with tasks assigned by the Director of Sports Science Initiatives, as approved/instructed by Director of Athletic Training and Director of Physical Therapy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in workers compensation is preferred.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to process paperwork in a timely and organized manner.
• Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must be trustworthy, and comfortable with managing large budgets and sensitive information.
• High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
• Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have experience in workers compensation or medical administration? If yes, further elaborate on your experience.
• Are you proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)?
• Are you willing to relocate? Please note, this position will report to our Player Development Complex in Goodyear, Arizona.