Game Day Sales Staff
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Department: Cincinnati Reds
Job Title: Reds Game Day Sales Staff
FLSA: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Term: March 18, 2019 – September 30, 2019 (or end of Major League Baseball season)
Commitment: 20 – 29 hours per home stand (varies based on Cincinnati Reds home game schedule)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary responsibility is the promotion and sale of Reds Community Fund Split the Pot 50/50 raffle tickets to fans throughout the ballpark during all Cincinnati Reds home games.
• Required to work a minimum of 60 Reds home games (out of 81) throughout the 2019 season (including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays and potentially playoff activities).
• Responsible for set-up and tear down of all RCF Split the Pot related materials at the beginning and conclusion of each home game.
• Additional duties may also include but are not limited to, daily set-up, cash handling & reconciliation, inventory and end of night closing and reporting duties.
• Provide additional support to other fundraisers and outreach events such as, but not limited to, Redlegs Run, Reds Rookie Success League, RCF Telethon and A Night of their Own.
• Being as the position is primarily sales-based, the candidate must be highly energetic, enthusiastic and competitive.
• Prior work experience in the area of sales (preferably in the sporting industry) is a plus.
• Have interest in sports business and have earned/are currently pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in a related area of study.
• Must have an available schedule that will allow you to work up to approximately 30 hours per homestand, including nights, weekends and holidays during the period of March 18 – September 30, 2019.
• Direct selling experience is a plus.
• Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors and game day guests.
• Must be an energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality and be customer-service driven.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
• Employee will be working outside during games and therefore will be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
• Hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
• Performs duties as workload necessitates.
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
• Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
• How did you hear about this job?