Ballpark Seasonal-Guest Services Staff
Cincinnati RedsCincinnati, OH
Full Time Job
Seasonal -Guest Services Staff - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)
Reports To: Senior Manager of Guest and Event Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Escorting guests to their seats in premium seating areas. Club, Scout, and Diamond Club.
Validating and scanning tickets before granting access to premium areas: Champions Club, Riverfront Club, Diamond Club, Triple Play and Cincinnati Bell Riverboat, Pavilion and Pilot House.
Scanning tickets at accessible entrances, operating wheelchair lift, providing breaks and assisting with other tasks assigned by their supervisor.
Operating an elevator transporting fans to their desired level at Great American BallPark.
Answer questions, give directions, and help our guests have a fun, safe enjoyable game experience.
Print certificates for our guests.
Help with lost and found items and lost children.
Responsible for directing fans to their appropriate level and/or location.
All employees must be willing to work any position assigned by management.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and comprehend English.
• Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies.
• Must be able to work on all four (4) levels of Great American Ball Park
• Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
• Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• The ideal candidate must be reliable, have a positive attitude and communicate in a professional manner.
• Prior customer service is preferred but is not required.
A requirement of this position is that you must be able to work at least three (3) weekend days each month during the 2019 season.
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
Please Note: This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided. Pay rate is $9.90 per hour.
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a High school Diploma or GED.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 48 home games during the 2019 season which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays. A 2019 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity for employment and/or promotion is open to any person who possesses the requisite qualifications for an open position. The Company policy is that there should be no discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, with regard to employment, job assignment, and promotion or other terms or conditions of employment.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you at least 18 years old?
• Do you have customer service experience? Please detail below.
• Can you work at least three (3) weekend days each month during the 2019 season? A 2019 schedule can be found at www.reds.com.
• Can you work weekday games that start at 12:35?
• Would you be able to work 48 home games during the 2019 season? A 2019 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
• Do you have an available schedule that would allow you to work nights, weekends and holidays?