Summer Intern - Community Relations
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The WNBA Chicago Sky is seeking excited, outgoing, and dedicated candidates that will interact with the general public while being an integral part of ongoing community relations and operations efforts. Our CR interns will work directly with the Director of Sky Cares, Manager of Community Relations. CR interns will additional gain hands-on experience planning and executing Sky Cares activations involving all 2019 Sky home games, community events, and player/coach community appearances.
Note: While this position gives you invaluable experience in the sports industry, it is a unpaid position. Academic credit is available upon request.
• Assist in the executing various Sky Cares programs such as:
• ''Stay in School'' Sky Cares Tickets Program powered by ComEd
• Powering Lives STEM Enrichment Contest
• Sky Cares Youth Fitness Festival
• Hoops For Health Clinics
• Plan and execute community activations for Sky Cares Legacy Partners and Community Partners
• Aid in fundraising for the Annual Sky Cares Advancing Youth Gala
• Act as Sky Brand Ambassadors at Chicagoland community events, fairs, and festivals
• Participate in volunteer opportunities with the Sky Cares Community Assist Team
• Fulfill donation requests such as tickets, jerseys, and other Sky swag for 501(c)3 non-profits and other Chicago community groups
• Assist with additional office-duties when given
Criteria & Qualifications:
• Highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for working in sports
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task within deadlines
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Able to interact with internal and external clients in a professional manner
• Comfortable meeting, speaking, and assisting C-Level executives and business professionals
• Excellent phone, computer, and writing skills
• Knowledge, enthusiasm, and interest in the Chicago Sky, women's professional sports, and the greater Chicago community
• Live in the Chicagoland area and have access to reliable transportation
• Required to work all 2019 Chicago Sky Home Games at Wintrust Arena (nights and weekends may apply)
• Required to work outside community events throughout the summer (nights and weekends may apply)
• Sport marketing, sports administration, or related majors preferred
Candidates must be able to travel to the Sky Corporate Headquarter in Chicago, IL (McCormick Place) and to various events around the Chicagoland area. This position reports directly to the Manager of Community Relations. This is an unpaid internship and academic credit is available upon request. Upon completion of the internship, potential future employment opportunities may be available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?