Sky PA Announcer
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Job
The Chicago Sky is looking for a Public Address Announcer for its home basketball games, starting with the 2019 season. The PA Announcer's duties include announcing starting line-ups, game action, public address announcements, presentations, contests, and other duties as assigned.
The PA Announcer is the main voice of the Chicago Sky while in the stadium. The PA Announcer works closely with the operations staff.
• Strong vocal talent that is both entertaining and informative to the listening audience
• Ability to multi-task in a stressful environment
• Comfortable announcing complex names from a variety of ethnic backgrounds
• Able to attend all Chicago Sky home games and arrive one hour before tip-off
• Available to attend appropriate pregame meetings
• Receptive to both positive and negative feedback
• Ability to be spontaneous and react quickly as appropriate
• Experience working as a PA announcer in collegiate or professional sports, in television, in radio or on stage is preferred
The public address announcer is compensated at the rate of $150 per game. This position is considered part-time. The public address announcer is also provided two season tickets for his/her personal use.
Applicant must submit the following to Samantha Salzeider no later than Friday, March 1:
• Cover letter, Resume and 3 min MP3 voice demo/air check
• A minimum of three references specifically related to applicant's ability to perform required duties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?