Intern - Sponsorship Department
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
About the WNBA Chicago Sky
2019 Sponsorship Department Summer Internship
This internship in our Sponsorship department is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship/marketing. During this internship, you will experience the ins-and-outs of sponsorship, from the sales process of potential partners to the activation of current partner contracts. This Summer internship will mainly be focused on in-season activation from planning to execution, but will also offer the chance to be exposed to sponsorship sales.
Location:This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office location at McCormick Place right next to Wintrust Arena in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date:This internship spans from the beginning of May until the end of September.
Compensation:This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment:Interns are expected to work approximately 40 hours per week which includes office work, game-day execution, and other applicable events.
• Planning and executing essential game-day sponsorship activation.
• Marketing proposal and proof of performance deck building.
• Event planning and execution of sponsorship elements.
• Marketing research and outreach development for potential partners.
• Grassroots marketing efforts, and on-site activation execution.
• 2019 Summer internship project TBD.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual and professional.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to multi-task and stay organized.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Skills in design (Photoshop, InDesign) or basic HTML a plus!
The Chicago Sky is one of the twelve teams that make up the Women's National Basketball Association. The Sky played their inaugural season in 2006 as part of the WNBA's Eastern Conference eventually being named Eastern Conference Champions in 2014. The Chicago Sky is hoping to reach new heights in the upcoming 2019 season with a brand new logo and the acquisition of new Head Coach and General Manager, James Wade along with the fourth overall pick in the upcoming 2019 WNBA Draft. The Chicago Sky are set and ready to start the season strong at home, for their Home Opener on June 1st, 2019. Apply and be a part of what is going to be another record-breaking year!