Intern - Game Days & Events, Sponsorship Department
Chicago SkyChicago, IL
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Game Day & Events Internship – Sponsorship Department
This internship in our Sponsorship department is an exciting opportunity for those interested in a career in sports sponsorship activation/marketing. This internship will provide you with a hands-on execution-driven experience for all in-season sponsorship agreements. You will be a part of the essential efforts that drive return on investment for our partners as well as brand awareness which are crucial in renewal talks and new sponsorship sales.
Location:This position is based out of the Chicago Sky corporate office location at McCormick Place right next to Wintrust Arena in the South Loop of Chicago.
Start/End Date:This internship spans from the beginning of May until the end of September.
Compensation:This is an unpaid position, but Chicago Sky interns are encouraged to use this experience as part of any college credit requirements.
Time Commitment:Interns are expected to be available on a part-time basis for all Home Games (17 Total Regular Season Games) and Sponsorship Events (TBD).
• Planning and executing essential game-day sponsorship activation.
• Execution of sponsorship elements particularly those that are event-based.
• Grassroots marketing efforts, and on-site activation execution.
• Driving direct ROI through outside marketing/sales efforts.
Necessary Skills Required:
• Punctual and professional.
• Highly motivated; demonstrates initiative.
• Quick learner that demonstrates effective listening.
• Outgoing and high-energy.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work within a team.
About the WNBA Chicago Sky
The Chicago Sky is one of the twelve teams that make up the Women's National Basketball Association. The Sky played their inaugural season in 2006 as part of the WNBA's Eastern Conference eventually being named Eastern Conference Champions in 2014. The Chicago Sky is hoping to reach new heights in the upcoming 2019 season with a brand new logo and the acquisition of new Head Coach and General Manager, James Wade along with the fourth overall pick in the upcoming 2019 WNBA Draft. The Chicago Sky are set and ready to start the season strong at home, for their home opener on June 1st, 2019. Apply and be a part of what is going to be another record-breaking year!