Ticket Sales Representative
Chicago BullsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Ticket Sales Representative (2019-20 Season)
The Chicago Bulls are seeking 10 highly motivated and dedicated Ticket Representatives to join our Inside Sales Program for the 2019-20 season. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about gaining first-hand experience in the sports industry with a dynamic and inspired team.
This seasonal role will begin in June 2019 and conclude the end of February 2020. Although there are no guarantees for full-time employment once the seasonal role ends, we believe in professional growth and individuals who excel will be considered for future positions with us or another organization.
As a Ticket Representative, a large part of your success will come by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and database management. More specifically, you will be responsible for the following:
• Solicit new season and group ticket business by telephone (minimum of 80 phone calls per day)
• Follow up with prospects in a timely manner
• Handle, coordinate and service all incoming requests for season and group ticket information
• Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities
• Participate in sales meetings and training sessions
• Manage sales table during home games on some nights and weekends
• Provide a superior level of customer service and hospitality to all ticket holders
• Contribute positively to the team's culture by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all team members
• Provide additional support and assistance to the Ticket and Marketing departments
You may be a fit for this role if you meet the following criteria:
• A four-year Bachelors degree (in Sports Administration, Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications or Liberal Arts is preferred)
• A genuine passion for sports marketing and/or a career in sales
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) and relationship building skills
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn
• Ability to work quickly in a dynamic, collaborative environment
• Strong work ethic
• Sales experience, although not required, is very useful
The Ticket Sales Representative role pays $13.00/hr., plus the ability to earn commission and weekly/monthly bonuses based on performance. Complimentary parking and lunch at the United Center are provided daily, and employees will receive complimentary tickets for most home Bulls games.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have a Bachelor's Degree and from a credited 4 year college or University? [Yes/No]
• If you have your degree, what was your college GPA?
• Do you have previous internship experience working in sports? [Yes/No]
• Do you have previous internship experience working in sales? [Yes/No]
• Do you have a flexible availability, including the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed? [Yes/No]
• Why are you interested in this position?
• Why do you believe you are you the right fit for this position?