Ticket Account Executive
Chicago BullsHoffman Estates, IL
Full Time Job
The Windy City Bulls is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and dedicated individual to fill the position of Ticket Account Executive for the upcoming 2018 - 2019 season. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to work within a dynamic team selling season tickets, partial plans, and group packages via phone calls, face-to-face appointments and special events. We are seeking an individual who is a phenomenal team player and willing to help out wherever needed, including working with other departments in the organization.
As a Ticket Account Executive, a large part of your success will come by using sales and service best practices, prospecting, networking, lead generation, referral gathering, data capture and database management. More specifically, you are responsible for the following:
• Meet and exceed department and individual sales goals for the organization.
• Aggressively create new business opportunities through existing customers, prospecting and CRM leads.
• Contact and maintain relationships with businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events.
• Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season ticket customers.
• Renew and service all group, season ticket and single game ticket clients.
• Deliver exceptional customer service to our customers by providing excellent experiences.
• Assist with group events/initiatives, sales department hospitality and guests before and during games.
• Make phone calls during the season and off-season to maintain personalized, consistent contact with season ticket holders and group leaders.
• Coordinate with the Box Office to print tickets, update reports, etc.
• Perform other customer service and operational duties in season as assigned.
• Collaborate with other departments on special projects.
• Bachelor's Degree with business focus or equivalent work experience
• 2 - 3 years of sports ticket sales experience
• A real passion for sales
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs, as well as CRM and ticketing software; expertise in Paciolan Ticketing System is a plus
• Excellent teammate, with positive energy, who has a desire to learn
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Highly organized and strong time management skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong communication (both written and verbal) with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
• Ability to work quickly in a dynamic, collaborative environment
Note that this role requires flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you familiar with the Northwest Suburban marketplace where our franchise is located? If so, please explain.
• Do you have at least two years of professional or collegiate ticket sales experience? [YES/NO]
• Are you able to work nights, weekends and extended hours when required? [YES/NO]
• Describe why you are interested, and why you would be successful, in this position.
• What is your availability to begin new employment?